I hardly ever get to be in front of the questions, but this time, I am flattered to be the subject of Fotografia Moderna's Interviste series, in Italian. For a quick read, I thought I would translate it for you to English:
- How did you begin? Good question. I started as a journalist in high school, writing as a beat reporter (sports) for a regional newspaper, and from that moment I didn't stop, writing art, travel and lifestyle for newspapers and magazines. In 2006 with Twitter and 2011 with Instagram, I quickly realized taht social would be the next step for journalists and that I could "speak" without with limits, writing an article, a tweet or sharing an image, I had many possibilities.
- Are you a #travelblogger disguised as a journalist or a journalist disguised as a #travelblogger? What is your goal when you publish a photo? I am journalist with a blog and strong respect for bloggers. A photo should make me smile. If that happens, I publish it.
- Your point of view on museums? Ever since I was little, museums have been my playground, refuge, sanctuary and dream. I could walk across centuries and worlds in a few minutes. I would love for everyone to have even just a second of that sensation and because of that my collaborations with museums are very important. If my [#empty] photo is a success, I am happy for the museum.
- Photography and social media? Social media has broken barriers- to be precise, social gives opportunities to everyone, especially those who would have never thought they could even be creative.
- Your Best Photo? It is impossible for me to pick a single photo, I love them all and for different reasons. With Instagram, I never think "I am doing a great job", mainly because I don't consider it a job but a pleasure, a way to express myself.
- You are one of the Top Influencers on Instagram for Italy, that is wonderful but at the same time dangerous? I didn't expect it [Repubblica article] and I am very honored. My objective is not to influence someone to buy something, I like to believe that I encourage people to have the desire to know more, travel more, share with them all the amazing culture that is around to uncover. And because of that mentality, I don't see anything dangerous.
- How do you see your Future? What do you have coming up? There is definitely going to be an evolution, I don't know exactly but I already feel I am changing. Coming soon- I have a series of projects that combine journalism and social media, and this year, I'd like to do more “behind the scenes”, i.e. consulting for editorial projects and campaigns.